The 'Weekender' Off Grid System is designed for those that are looking for a system to run their weekender or small home with the ability to expand on in time if you wish. The 5kW Inverter is a great size as it will run all of your every day appliances (not all at once) like your fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle, washing machine, with an additional battery you can even run a small to medium air conditioner and dishwasher from the system meaning you can live comfortably. Sun Torque Lithium Batteries offer flexibility because you can add more battery modules into the system at a later date. Adding more Solar panels at a later date is easy to do as well.
The Apollo Maxx All-in-one Inverter Charger features a low frequency toroidal transformer meaning it has the grunt to run heavier loads such as air conditioners and pumps that cheap high frequency inverters can’t run. The beauty of a low frequency inverter creates its 240v power with a transformer with only two moving parts. Compared to a high frequency inverter which has thousands of capacitors creating 240v with high frequency it has hundreds more moving parts meaning a significantly higher chance of failure, and also without a transformer it doesn’t have the ability to handle surge capacity for air conditioners and pumps that have a high start up current.
Peace of mind is an important facet of living self sufficiently or off grid. The 5kW Inverter is covered by an outstanding 5 year replacement or repair warranty. The Sun Torque Lithium battery system features an outstanding 10 pro rata year warranty, and is constructed of the safest and best performing lithium battery technology Lithium Ferrous Phosphate (otherwise known as LiFePo4 or LFP), well proven in the market and under Australian conditions.
Here at Commodore we specialize in off grid. We aren’t just saying that, we mean it. We back this statement up because we provide lifetime support and monitoring on this system, and all of our systems for no additional charge. It’s because we understand it’s our responsibility to make your power easy.
Aeson 5kWh Lithium
Aeson’s new lithium module is a beauty because of its built in BMS, it means that you can use this on both new inverters and older inverters as well. Nearly all 48v lithium modules require communications that only new inverters have so its a huge plus for those that have an existing inverter that want to go to lithium that don’t want to replace their inverter.
RESYS TL-LFP series is a 48V LiFePO4 (lithium iron phosphate) battery module. With the advanced LiFePO4 cell technology and smart BMS, the product have the benefit of long cycle life, small size, light weight, high safety, environmental protection and strong environmental adaptability.
- 4000 discharge cycles to 80% DOD
- 5000 discharge cycles to 70% DOD
- 6000 discharge cycles to 60% DOD
System Package Includes:
- Apollo Max 5kW/10kW Surge Inverter with 90A MPPT Charge Controller (Room to add another 6 panels on in time without adding another MPPT Charge Controller)
- Nova remote monitoring system with online access
- 10 kWh Lithium - 2 x 5kWh Aeson Modules
- Battery cabinet to fit 4 batteries
- DC Fuse Disconnect / Battery Breaker & Fuses to suit
- DC Solar PV breakers & Housings
- 5 Metres of Battery Cabling 50mm2 – made up with lugs to suit
- Solar Safety Label Sticker Kit
- Connection guide
- Pre-wired board – these are built in house they take the difficulty and expense out of having your kit installed, your system will arrive wired onto a board and programmed according to the solar and batteries you’ve purchased
- Lifetime Support and System Monitoring
- Optional Solar including Racking & Cables - ( Choose From Menu)
- JA Solar panels feature a 15 year product warranty & 25 year linear power output warranty
- All Apollo Max components have a 5 year full warranty
- Sun Torque Lithium Batteries include a 10 year pro rata warranty
- All other items come with a minimum 12 month warranty
- For details on our battery warranties please see our Battery Warranties page.
For more information see manufactures warranty statements, found on each brands website.
This system can be expanded at any time in the following ways:
- Additional batteries, using the Sun Torque’s, additional batteries can be added to the system at any time to increase storage capacity
- Up to 6x Inverter Chargers for up to 30kVA rated output power set in single phase or three phase
- Within sensibility, basically an unlimited amount of solar power can be installed, adding more MPPT controllers as required & setting charge limits appropriate for the battery bank
- Generator backup – recommended in general for Off-Grid living. The inverter can both charge the batteries and power the house loads using generator power.
Using as an Off Grid power system. Power will be supplied primarily from the solar panels & battery bank. If there is insufficient power, the inverter can make use of a petrol or diesel powered electric generator to recharge the batteries & run the household loads intuitively. The system can also start & stop the generator automatically providing the generator is compatible with two wire start some ATS systems are also compatible with two wire start.
You are welcome to send any faulty goods back and our factory trained staff will either carry out or arrange the repair for you free of charge within the warranty period. Shipping is cost of buyer. Consumables, cables, leads, etc.. are not covered by warranty, negligence or misuse is a warranty exclusion. Commodore is not responsible for any direct or indirect expenses or losses related to warranty or non warranty.
Please note this listing does not include installation. Installations exceeding 500VA should be done by a qualified electrician, in accordance to electrical safety requirements of your state or territory.