Off Grid Solar Power Systems combining the Best Brands & the Best Products Victron Energy (Netherlands) PowerPlus LiFe Lithium Batteries (Australia) and JA Premium solar panels.
Here at SSA we specialize in off grid, what that means is that when you purchase a system from us you can have complete confidence in its reliability and performance.
We would only sell what we would install in our own house (a lot of the staff here live off grid) and best of all we are here to help you every step of the way after you’ve purchased your system. We offer you the right system, at the best price the first time.
Peace of mind is a very important facet of living self sufficiently or off grid. The Victron hardware has time proven reliability & is covered by an outstanding 5 year replacement or repair warranty. The PowerPlus LiFe series Lithium batteries system features an outstanding 10 year warranty! They are constructed of the safest and best performing lithium battery technology for solar off grid power systems Lithium Ferrous Phosphate (otherwise known as LiFePO4 or LFP). And best of all, they are built right here in Victoria Australia.
PowerPlus LiFe series batteries
The Australian designed and engineered LiFe series lithium batteries from PowerPlus Energy are very impressive in all aspects featuring a 10,000 cycle life rating (and warranty), a much smaller footprint and better low temperature performance. A 33kWh battery bank can now fit in almost one third the footprint of previous off grid lithium options! Welcome to the future of fully expandable lithium batteries designed for off-grid solar & energy storage systems.
- Fully expandable – grow your battery bank as your needs demand at any time
- More usable energy up to 80% can be used without adversely compromising battery life
- More Charge / Recharge cycles 10,000 cycles for off grid solar, depending on depth of discharge
- Excellent constant high current Charge / Discharge performance
- Greater charge efficiency up to 98% ! this means far less energy wasted during charging and more power available to you in less time
- More energy stored in less space – 33kWh can be stored in 1200H*550W*700D MM
- Standardised 19″ rack mounting system – compatible to mount in server racks if desired
- Internal intelligent management means each battery module can operate to its potential, rather than performing only as well as the weakest battery
- Smarter internal management means no need for specific battery-inverter communications to keep the battery ‘awake’, liberating the battery for use with a wider range of inverter & charger hardware
- Integrated re-settable circuit breaker in each battery module for added safety and simpler system cabling with less external fusing
- Battery modules are made with high quality & tolerance matched cylindrical LFP cells for optimal performance
Based on the rated performance and upfront cost, the LiFe series Lithium batteries from PowerPlus deliver an exceptional cost of ownership. The 10,000 cycle based warranty (16,500kWh per battery module in 10 years) dictates a max of around 22 cents per kWh, and typical real word usage scenarios can far exceed the guaranteed minimums.
- Victron Quattro 8kVA Inverter Charger
- 13.2 kWh PowerPlus LiFe lithium Battery bank and Cabinet
- 4.95 kW Solar Panel array using JA 330W Premium 15x 330w panels
- Victron MPPT SmartSolar charge controller to suit selected solar array
- Victron Cerbo GX Control System Monitor with touch screen and Online Access
- Solar Panel racking to suit Tin roof (Tile & Tilt upgrades available)
- Cables, fuses, isolators, etc to suit the system
- 20m cable runs to the solar array and 2m cable distance to the battery bank as standard
- Safety Sticker Kit
- Connection guides
Pre-wired and configured system board – see photos (this makes a faster and simpler install onsite)
The system can be expanded at any time in the following ways
- Over 100kWh battery storage using 3.3kWh modules & cabinets as required
- Up to 6x Inverter Chargers for up to 30kVA rated output power set single phase or 3 phase
- Within sensibility, basically an unlimited amount of solar power can be installed, adding more MPPT controllers as required.
Detailed system information such as solar power, usage history & battery status is displayed on the intuitive Cerbo GX panel with touch screen. When connected to your home network all this live information can be viewed on your smart phone or a PC, and if you have the internet view your system from anywhere in the world using Victron’s free Remote Management portal (called the VRM portal). See the Cerbo GX brochure on the downloads tab for more information.
Create a Grid-Hybrid system, where your Solar energy is used & stored as first priority**. Power will be supplied primarily from the solar panels & battery bank. If required, the grid can help power loads through the inverter automatically. This design principle uses your solar & stored energy first before using the mains grid power. If your batteries are full, and there is more solar power than your loads need, the extra power can be exported back to the grid for feed-in tariffs. Let us know if you would like to do this as some small changes have to be made.
- All Victron components have a 5 year full warranty
- PowerPlus LiFe lithium batteries have a 10 year warranty
- Solar panels feature a 12 year workmanship warranty and 25 year output guarantee to 80%
- All other items come with a minimum 12 month warranty