The ‘Little Rig’ off grid solar system is the ultimate peace of mind package for an average to large household. In parts of the country we can have Summer’s that have no shortage of Solar but come Winter time it’s common to have a week of gloomy weather which is where a backup generator is imperative to keep your batteries topped up and ensure there is no down time without power.
The systems is powered with Victron Energy components to ensure reliability and BYD lithium batteries for maximum performance and longevity. Powered from the 10kVA Quattro inverter you will be able to run many items including fridge(s), TV, lighting, water pump, a couple of medium size split systems and more. Send us through a list of what you would like to run and we’ll let you know if this system is suitable for your parameters.
- Victron 48v Inverter Charger Quattro 10kVA
- BYD Pro 15.4 Lithium battery with cabinet
- A Grade PV Solar Panel 8250W (8.2KW) array using quality JA CEC approved 330W Solar Panels x 25
- Victron MPPT SmartSolar to suit using 250V charge controllers
- Victron Cerbo GX System Monitor with touch screen and Online Access
- Solar Panel racking to suit Tin roof (Tile & Tilt upgrades available)
- Cables, fuses, isolators, etc to suit the system
- 20m cable runs to the solar array and 2.5m cable distance to the battery bank as standard
- Safety Sticker Kit
- Connection guides
- 9kVa Water Cooled Diesel Generator, pre configured for automatic starting
- Pre-wired and configured system board – this makes a faster and simpler install onsite
The system can be expanded at any time in the following ways
- Up to 985 kWh battery storage – using 15.4kWh modules as required
- Up to 6x Inverter Chargers for up to 30kVA rated output power – set single phase or 3 phase
- Within sensibility, basically an unlimited amount of solar power can be installed, adding more MPPT controllers as required.
BYD Lithium Battery Box Premium LVL
Welcome to the future of a fully modular, expandable, off-grid & energy storage battery bank. Grow your battery bank as your needs demand, and also benefit from the following improvements:
- More usable energy – up to 96% can be used without adversely compromising battery life
- More Charge / Recharge cycles – 6000 or more cycles, depending on depth of discharge
- Better constant high current Charge / Discharge performance – a 15kWh bank can handle a 15kW load, and a surge of 20kW
- Greater charge efficiency – up to 97% ! this means far less energy wasted during charging and more power available to you in less time
- More energy stored in less space
- Internal intelligent management means each battery module can operate to its potential, rather than performing only as well as the weakest battery
- Additional batteries can be added, 15.4kWh at a time
- Improved Low temperature performance
Based on the rated performance and upfront cost, the BYD Lithium batteries deliver an exceptional cost of ownership. The ‘guaranteed throughput energy’ based warranty (7,900kWh per battery module over 10 years) dictates a max of around 23 cents per kWh, and typical real word usage scenarios can far exceed the guaranteed minimum. If your needs haven’t demanded the guaranteed energy, the other aspect of the warranty is a minimum 60% of the original usable capacity after 10 years.
Detailed system information such as solar power, usage history & battery status is displayed on the intuitive Cerbo GX panel. When connected to your home network all this live information can be viewed on your smart phone or a PC, and if you have the internet – view your system from anywhere in the world using Victron’s free Remote Management portal (called the VRM portal). See the Cerbo GX brochure on the downloads tab for more information.
- All Victron components have a 5 year warranty
- BYD lithium batteries have a 10 year warranty
- Solar Panels feature a 25 year output warranty to 80 percent rated power
- All other items come with a minimum 12 month warranty.