The "Little Rig" Off Grid System is one of our most popular systems for a large home giving you 10kVA of continuous inverter power from the Victron Quattro plus another 5kW of inverter power during the day when the Sun is out from the Fronius 5kW Solar inverter, this is particularly handy for running loads that can be ran during the day such as pumps, air conditioners and power tools.
The system is powered with Victron Energy components to ensure reliability paired with the new US5000b (5kWh) Pylontech lithium batteries for maximum performance and longevity. Powered from the 10kVA Quattro inverter you will be able to run many items including fridge(s), TV, lighting, water pump, a couple of medium size split systems and more. AC coupled with a Fronius 5kW Solar inverter to give you up to an extra 5kW of inverter power in peak Sun ideal for when you’ve got extra load to run during daylight hours such as an EV Charger. Send us through a list of what you would like to run and we’ll let you know if this system is suitable for your parameters.
- Victron 48v Inverter Charger Quattro 10kVA
- 25kWh Pylontech Lithium battery Bank (5 x 5kWh Modules)
- 6 Battery Cabinet
- 12.48kW Solar Array consisting of 32 x 390w Solar panels
- Fronius 5kW Solar Inverter AC coupled
- Smartsolar 450/100 charge controller DC coupled
- Victron Cerbo GX System Monitor with touch screen and Online Access
- Solar Panel racking to suit Tin roof (Tile & Tilt upgrades available)
- Cables, fuses, isolators, etc to suit the system
- 20m cable runs to the solar array and 2.5m cable distance to the battery bank as standard
- Safety Sticker Kit
- Connection guides
- Pre-wired and configured system board – this makes a faster and simpler install onsite
- Lifetime Support and System Monitoring
Optional Diesel Backup Generator Water Cooled 9kVa with 2 wire auto start
Your system will come programmed to start the generator when your batteries drop to a certain percentage. These water cooled generators are extremely reliable, and can run for extended periods if required. We will program your system to start and stop the generator as required, so that your system operates seamlessly without any interruptions. The generator is rated for 9.3kVa maximum output, or 8.5kVa / 8.5kW Continous running output.
Pylontech US5000b Lithium battery modules
Welcome to the future of a fully modular, expandable, off-grid & energy storage battery bank. Grow your battery bank as your needs demand, and also benefit from the following improvements:
- More usable energy up to 90% can be used without adversely compromising battery life
- More Charge / Recharge cycles 6000 or more cycles, depending on depth of discharge
- Better constant high current Charge / Discharge performance a 15kWh bank can handle a 15kW load, and a surge of 20kW
- Greater charge efficiency up to 97% ! this means far less energy wasted during charging and more power available to you in less time
- More energy stored in less space
- Internal intelligent management means each battery module can operate to its potential, rather than performing only as well as the weakest battery
- Additional batteries can be added, 5kWh at a time
- Improved Low temperature performance
Based on the rated performance and upfront cost, the Pylontech Lithium batteries deliver an exceptional cost of ownership. These batteries feature a 10 year warranty and offer some of the best value for money from batteries on the market, when comparing to costs of grid power these batteries work out substantially cheaper.
For a long time JA Solar have been one of the biggest names in the solar industry, there panels have truly passed the test of time and they continue to offer some of the highest efficiency panels on the market. This listing features the 370W modules, which have a 12 year workmanship warranty, and 25 year output warranty.
Victron Remote Management Portal (VRM)
Victron’s remote management portal is second to none, included with the Cerbo GX devices this allows the user to monitor the system remotely from anywhere in the world with an internet connection, check on battery percentage, solar production, house loads, and even start your generator remotely. You can see an example of the monitoring system here (Click on Free Demo – no login required, select Vic Jones for an off grid example):Click HERE
The system can be expanded at any time in the following ways
- Extra batteries can be added at any time in 3.55kWh modules at a time.
- Up to 6x Inverter Chargers for up to 30kVA rated output power set single phase or 3 phase
- Within sensibility, basically an unlimited amount of solar power can be installed, adding more MPPT controllers as required.
Create a Grid-Hybrid system, where your Solar energy is used & stored as first priority**. Power will be supplied primarily from the solar panels & battery bank. If required, the grid can help power loads through the inverter automatically. This design principle uses your solar & stored energy first before using the mains grid power. If your batteries are full, and there is more solar power than your loads need, the extra power can be exported back to the grid for feed-in tariffs.
Solar array depending on location, the annual daily average in Australia is 4 to 5 hours equivalent of full power from the array per day (where a 1kW array would give between 4 5kWh per day if demanded) with more in summer and less in winter. A large solar PV array design principle reduces the amount of time the batteries will be low on charge, which maximises their life expectancy & provides you with far more reliable power.
A 12.48kW Solar array will produce this amount of power per day on average:
Winter = 31.2kWh
Autumn/Spring = 50kWh
Summer = 75kWh
- All Victron components have a 5 year warranty
- Pylontech lithium batteries have a 10 year warranty
- Solar Panels feature a 25 year output warranty to 80 percent rated power
- All other items come with a minimum 12 month warranty.