Solar pumps are specially designed to be powered by solar panels alone, without the need for batteries, generators or mains power… pumping when the sun is shining – saving money & resources.
Chlorinator operation options…
- Not working together. This is OK. Set up the timer on the chlorinator so it comes on only when sunny, example, if they require 6 hours of salt chlorination, set from 9am to 3 pm, or if they need 8 hours of salt chlorination set from 8am to 4pm. 95% of jobs do it this way.
- Working together. See attached 3 diagrams, they need to purchase a flow switch and a flow control GPO. This way they set the chlorinator to manual. When the pump runs the chlorinator comes on. When the pump stops the power turns off and the chlorinator stops.
The pump controller drives the high efficiency brushless DC pump motor, utilising the latest Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) technology to ensure maximum flow is delivered under all light conditions.
The controller also protects the pump from frequent start up in low light conditions, overheating & running dry. Batteries can also be connected via the controller if you need the flexibility of pumping on demand at any time.
This pump could also be adapted for use in aquaponics and fish farming.
Free Shipping on Pump without Solar
- 550W Brushless DC Pool Pump
- MPPT Solar Pump Controller
- 4 x 270W Solar Panels requirted- Select from drop down menu.
- Maximum Head: 15m
- Maximum Flow: 16 m3 per hour
- Pump Power: 550W 48v
- Solar Panels: 4 x 270w
- Inlet / Outlet: 2 inch
Commodore Pumps (motor and pump head) come with a 24 Month warranty, and Commodore Pump Controllers come with a 12 month warranty. New solar panels have a 25 year output warranty. Used solar panels have a 10 year warranty. If your item is found to be defective within the warranty period we will replace the defective part free of charge.