The AC-DC off grid solar system is perfectly balanced with AC & DC power, this is advantageous as both forms of charging have unique benefits. At heart of this system a Victron Multiplus II 5kVA inverter giving 4kW of continuous power from batteries and solar, AC coupled with a Fronius 5kW inverter this type of inverter gives an extra 5kW of usable power in peak Sun (doesn’t run from the batteries), the system is balanced with a small amount of Solar DC coupled. Having up to an extra 5kW of inverter power during the day is particularly handy if you want extra power during the day to run some power tools, run a pool/spa/irrigation pump without wanting to spend a lot of extra money on a bigger off grid inverter and batteries to go with it. Also featuring premium Pylontech lithium batteries allows you the flexibility to add more batteries at any time in the future. It is the perfect kit for those who want to go off grid – but do not want to give up the air conditioner. Powered with super reliable Victron energy components, in conjunction with one of the biggest solar panel brands in the industry, JA Solar, all paired with the time proven Pylontech lithium battery bank for storage.
The advantage of DC coupling is it offers ‘Black Start’ protection, many AC coupled systems don’t have ‘Black Start’ protection which means that if the batteries go flat and the generator fails that means a system that is AC coupled only without DC coupling is offline until the generator can be repaired, even when the Sun comes up the next day the AC coupled system is not able to put charge into the batteries. With a DC coupled system if the batteries go flat and a generator fails the system will come back online the next morning when the Sun comes back up meaning that you’re up and going again it will start charging up the batteries again.
Here at SSA we specialize in off grid, what that means is that when you purchase a system from us you can have complete confidence in its reliability and performance. We would only sell what we would install in our own house (a lot of the staff here live off grid) and best of all we are here to help you every step of the way after you’ve purchased your system. We are one of the biggest off grid system designers in Australia, we offer you the right system, at the best price the first time.
We’re proud to offer the very latest and safest in lithium battery technology from Pylontech with the LifePo4 3.55kWh modules. Coupled with the best brands including the time proven Victron Inverter Charger hardware, JA Solar 370W Panels, this package brings the best modern renewable energy technologies together for a fully expandable Off Grid solar power solution.
Peace of mind is an important facet of living self sufficiently or off grid. The Victron hardware is covered by an outstanding 5 year replacement or repair warranty. The Pylontech Lithium battery system features an outstanding 10 year warranty, and is constructed of the safest and best performing lithium battery technology. Lithium Ferrous Phosphate (otherwise known as LiFePo4 or LFP)
- Victron Multiplus II 48/5000 Inverter Charger
- 7kW Solar Array – 18 x 390W JA Mono Solar Panels
- Fronius Primo 5kW Inverter AC coupled with 6.24kW of Solar
- Victron MPPT SmartSolar charge controller DC coupled to suit 0.78kW of Solar
- 10.55kWh Pylontech 48v Lithium Battery Bank (3x 3.55kWh battery modules = useable storage of 9.6kWh)
- 5 Battery Cabinet
- Cerbo GX with touch screen
- Solar Panel racking to suit Tin roof (Tile roof & Tilt frame options available)
- Cables, fuses, isolators, etc to suit the system including string fuses.
- 20m cable runs to the solar array and 2m cable distance to the battery bank as standard
- Safety Sticker Kit
- Connection guides
- Pre-wired and configured system board – see photos (this makes a much faster and simpler install on-site)
Pylontech Lithium LiFePO4 batteries
Welcome to the future of a fully modular, expandable, off-grid & energy storage battery bank. Grow your battery bank as your needs demand, and also benefit from the following improvements:
- More usable energy up to 96% can be used without adversely compromising battery life
- More Charge / Recharge cycles 6000 or more cycles, depending on depth of discharge
- Better constant high current Charge / Discharge performance – a 10kWh bank can handle a 10kW load, and a surge of 20kW
- Greater charge efficiency up to 97% ! this means far less energy wasted during charging and more power available to you in less time
- More energy stored in less space
- Internal intelligent management means each battery module can operate to its potential, rather than performing only as well as the weakest battery
Based on the rated performance and upfront cost, the Pylontech Lithium batteries deliver an exceptional cost of ownership. The rated 6000 cycles to 80% dictates a max of around 16 cents per kWh, and typical real word usage scenarios can far exceed the guaranteed minimum.
For a long time JA have been one of the biggest names in the solar industry, their panels have truly passed the test of time and offer some of the highest efficiency panels on the market. 330W A Grade CEC Approved Solar Panels Teir 1 24V By JA Solar.
- JA 4BB design module reduce cell series resistance and stress between cell interconnectors improves module reliability and module conversion efficiency
- High output, 16/99% highest conversion efficiency
- Designed for DC IEC 1000v applications
- Anti reflective and anti-soiling surface reduces power loss from dirt and dust
- Outstanding performance in low light irradiance environments
- Excellent mechanical load resistance: certified to withstand high wind loads (2400Pa) and snow loads (5400Pa)
- High salt and ammonia resistance certified by TUV Nord
Detailed system information such as solar power, usage history & battery status is displayed on the intuitive Cerbo GX panel. When connected to your home network all this live information can be viewed on your smart phone or a PC, and if you have the internet view your system from anywhere in the world using Victron’s free Remote Management portal (called the VRM portal). See the Cerbo GX brochure on the downloads tab for more information.
Create a Grid-Hybrid system, where your Solar energy is used & stored as first priority**Power will be supplied primarily from the solar panels & battery bank. If required, the grid can help power loads through the inverter automatically. This design principle uses your solar & stored energy first before using the mains grid power. If your batteries are full, and there is more solar power than your loads need, the extra power can be exported back to the grid for feed-in tariffs.
Solar array performance varies with location, the annual daily average in Australia is between 4 to 5 hours equivalent of full power from the array per day, with more in summer and less in winter. A large solar PV array design principle reduces the amount of time the batteries will be low on charge, which maximises their life expectancy & provides you with far more reliable power.
Average daily input figures for the 6.6kW solar array:
Typical worst month ~ 21kWh per day | Typical best month ~ 43kWh per day
** If you wish to make a grid connected solar power system with or without grid feeding / export of solar power, we can change to the new Victron MultiPlus-II inverter chargers which are designed for this purpose. The MultiPlus or Quattro inverter chargers available on this listing are not suitable for mains connection of grid feeding / export of solar power. Please contact us if you wish to change the system in any way, we are happy to design systems according to customer requirements.
- All Victron components have a 5 year full warranty
- Pylontech lithium batteries have a 10 year warranty (Note they do need to be registered online for full 10 year warranty when installed)
- Solar Panels feature a 25 year output warranty to 80 percent rated power
- All other items come with a minimum 12 month warranty.