WHAT YOU MUST KNOW WHEN BUYING A DIESEL GENERATOR
– A lot of other generators on the market are running a smaller engine, for example a 10kVa 2 cylinder revving to 3000rpm vs our 9kVa 3 cylinder revving to 1500rpm. Running with less cylinders and at a higher RPM means they are working much harder, and likely to have a shorter life span. It’s a bit like having a Hyundai Getz and a Landcruiser both towing a 1.5 tonne trailer, they’ll both physically be able to tow the trailer however one will be able to tow that trailer for a hell of a lot longer than the other.
– Another feature of the lower 1500rpm is that there is less noise, less vibration, less wear and tear, meaning more reliably and a steadier output power. Ours also have a foam padded sound proofing inside the enclosure which keeps them quieter again.
– A large majority of generators are not set up for off grid as they don’t have two wire auto start, which means the generator will not kick in automatically to charge your batteries and/or provide direct back up to your house. With some generators it is impossible to add a two wire start onto it afterwards as the controller isn’t designed to do so, other generators you can add a two wire auto start later but it’s difficult and expensive to do.
Will Work With
- Backup for mains failure (requires a transfer switch for automatic transfer)
- Permanent supply of power
- Victron inverters
- Selectronics inverters
- SMA inverters
- Commodore 9KVA Diesel Generator Single Phase, pre configured for 2 wire auto start
- 10W Solar panel with 4 metres of cable and alligator clips (for keeping battery charged when not in use)
|Rated Continuous Output||8.5kVA/8.5kW|
|Engine Type||Three-Cylinder, Vertical Inline, 4-stroke Water Cooled Diesel Engine|
|Engine RPM||1500 RPM|
|Decibel dB(a) @ 7m||69|
|Alternator Type:||Brushless, Self Excited|
|Fuel Consumption (@100%)||3.4L/H|
Service & Maintenance
- Oil type when ambient temperature greater than 5 degrees (most common) = 15w-40
- Oil type when ambient temperature is less than 5 degrees (cold conditions where the temperature never exceeds 35 degrees) = 10w-30
- Coolant type: include diesel specific 40-60% anti freeze, Ethylene Glycol
- Always use the same oil & coolant types for best results
- First service @ 150 hours
- Services @ 500 hours there after
Commodore generators come with a 3-year (1000-hour) warranty when buying a generator individually. We offer an extended 4-year (1000-hour) warranty when buying a generator with an off grid system. If your item is to be found defective within the warranty period we will replace that part free of charge.
If you are unable to fit the part you are welcome to send it back and our factory-trained staff will replace the part for you free of charge within the warranty period. Shipping is the cost of the buyer.
It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure generators are not housed outside in direct weather conditions and keep away from moisture. Like all combustion engines, they require servicing, see manual, failure to service may result in the warranty being voided.
Consumables, cables, leads, etc.. are not covered by warranty, negligence or misuse is a warranty exclusion. Commodore is not responsible for any direct or indirect expenses or losses related to warranty or non warranty. Excludes commercial applications.