WHAT YOU MUST KNOW WHEN BUYING A DIESEL GENERATOR
– A lot of other generators on the market are running a smaller engine, for example, a 10kVa 2 cylinder revving to 3000rpm vs our 11kVa 3 cylinder revving to 1500rpm. Running with fewer cylinders and at a higher RPM means they are working much harder, and are likely to have a shorter life span. It’s a bit like having a Hyundai Getz and a Landcruiser both towing a 1.5-tonne trailer, they’ll both physically be able to tow the trailer however one will be able to tow that trailer for a hell of a lot longer than the other.
– Another feature of the lower 1500rpm is that there is less noise, less vibration, and less wear and tear, meaning more reliably and steadier output power. Ours also have foam padded soundproofing inside the enclosure which keeps them quieter again.
– A large majority of generators are not set up for off-grid as they don’t have two wire auto start, which means the generator will not kick in automatically to charge your batteries and/or provide a direct backup to your house. With some generators, it is impossible to add a two-wire start onto it afterward as the controller isn’t designed to do so, other generators you can add a two-wire auto start later but it’s difficult and expensive to do.
Will Work With
- Backup for mains failure (requires a transfer switch for automatic transfer)
- A permanent supply of power
- Victron inverters
- Selectronics inverters
- SMA inverters
- Commodore 11KVA Diesel Generator Three Phase, pre-configured for 2 wire auto start
- 40W Solar panel with 4 metres of cable and alligator clips (for keeping the battery charged when not in use)
|Rated Continuous Output||11kVA/11kW|
|Engine Type||Three-Cylinder, Vertical Inline, 4-stroke Water Cooled Diesel Engine|
|Engine RPM||1500 RPM|
|Decibel dB(a) @ 7m||68|
|Alternator Type:||Brushless, Self Excited|
|Fuel Consumption (@100%)||3.4L/H|
Service & Maintenance
- Oil type when the ambient temperature is greater than 5 degrees (most common) = 15w-40
- Oil type when the ambient temperature is less than 5 degrees (cold conditions where the temperature never exceeds 35 degrees) = 10w-30
- Coolant type: include diesel specific 40-60% antifreeze, Ethylene Glycol
- Always use the same oil & coolant types for best results
- First service @ 150 hours
- Services @ 500 hours thereafter
Commodore generators come with a 3-year (1000-hour) warranty when buying a generator individually. We offer an extended 4-year (1000-hour) warranty when buying a generator with an off grid system. If your item is to be found defective within the warranty period we will replace that part free of charge.
If you are unable to fit the part you are welcome to send it back and our factory-trained staff will replace the part for you free of charge within the warranty period. Shipping is the cost of the buyer.
It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure generators are not housed outside in direct weather conditions and keep away from moisture. Like all combustion engines, they require servicing, see manual, failure to service may result in the warranty being voided.
Consumables, cables, leads, etc.. are not covered by warranty, negligence or misuse is a warranty exclusion. Commodore is not responsible for any direct or indirect expenses or losses related to warranty or non warranty. Excludes commercial applications.