Peace of mind is an important facet of living self sufficiently or off grid. The Victron hardware is covered by an outstanding 5 year replacement or repair warranty. The BYD Lithium battery system features an outstanding 10 year warranty, and is constructed of the safest and best performing lithium battery technology – Lithium Ferrous Phosphate (otherwise known as LiFePo4 or LFP).
This stand alone renewable energy package uses the tried & proven Victron 10kVA Quattro Solar Inverter Charger, Victron BlueSolar MPPT Solar charge controller and the Colour Control GX system display, coupled with 60x 280w A Grade CEC approved bushfire rated solar panels & the expandable BYD Lithium battery system. Please click on the links for the respective brochures and specifications. If links don’t work, ask for it.
The BYD Lithium Bank 40KWH is made of a specially designed cabinet fitted with 2.5kWh modules, which are rated to 6000 cycles to 96% Depth Of Discharge (otherwise called DoD). These modules can be added at any time to expand the capacity of the system. They have a constant power rating equal to their capacity – 2.5kW each – making them very suitable for off grid and high demand applications. Many lithium battery types are limited to much lower constant power ratings. Download Kratos introduction & Lithium battery type comparison sheet. The battery bank can be expanded up to 80kWh total capacity (32x modules in 8 cabinets) .
This solar PV design principle reduces the amount of time the battery will be low on charge, which maximises the life expectancy & provides far more reliable power. The solar array can recharge the battery bank from 96% discharged in around 3.5 hours of full clear sunshine, depending on time of day, weather & any loads running on the system at the same time. A generator can be used to recharge the battery bank and run loads through the inverter too.
Detailed solar, battery & system information is displayed on the Victron Colour Control GX system display panel. Once connected to the internet, this info call also be viewed on on your smartphone or PC – click here for more info on the Colour Control GX.
- 280w A grade Mono/ Poly Crystalline CEC approved Solar Panels x 60
- Victron 10kVA Quattro Solar Inverter Charger
- Victron BlueSolar 2 x 150/100 MPPT 100A Solar Charge Controller
- Victron Colour Control GX system display panel with remote monitoring
- VE.Direct connection cables
- 16 x BYD 2.5kWh Lithium battery modules & cabinet IP 55 Tall cabinets per 4 batteries
- DC Disconnect / Battery Breaker & Fuses to suit
- DC Solar PV Isolator & breakers
- 5 Metres of Battery Cabling 50mm2 – 4x 1.25m lengths with lugs fitted
- 16 Metres of Battery Cabling 25mm2 – 8x 1.25m lengths with lugs one end
- 120 Metres of Solar Cable / 6x 20m fitted with solar connectors one end
- Solar Panel racking to suit Tin roof (Tile & Tilt upgrades available)
- Safety Sticker Kit & Connection guides
The system can be expanded at any time in the following ways:
- Up to 80kWh battery storage – using 2.5kWh modules & 1x cabinet per 4x modules
- Up to 6x Inverter Chargers for up to 30kVA rated output power – set single phase or 3 phase
- Within sensibility, basically an unlimited amount of solar power can be installed, adding more MPPT controllers as required & setting charge limits appropriate for the battery bank.