The Home Builder off grid solar system is a great size system for an average to large household. In parts of the country we can have Summer’s that have no shortage of Solar but come Winter time it’s common to have a week of gloomy weather which is where a backup generator is imperative to keep your batteries topped up and ensure there is no down time without power.
The systems is powered with Victron Energy components to ensure reliability and the new Pylontech 5kWh US5000b lithium batteries for maximum performance and longevity. Powered from the 10kVA Quattro inverter you will be able to run many items including fridge(s), TV, lighting, water pump, kettle, toaster, microwave, coffee machine, a welder, air conditioner and more, not necessarily all at the one time but can be run from this system. Send us through a list of what you would like to run and we’ll let you know if this system is suitable for your parameters.
Here at SSA we specialize in off grid what that means is that when you purchase a system from us you can have confidence that it will do exactly what you want it to do, that it is going to be supremely reliable as we would only sell what we would install in our own house and best of all we are here to help you every step of the way after you’ve purchased your system. You will not get a better price on a quality off grid system full stop. We are one of the biggest off grid distributors in Australia.
- Victron 48v Inverter Charger Quattro 10kVA
- 15kWh Pylontech Lithium battery Bank (3 x Pylontech 5kWh US5000b Modules)
- 4 Battery Cabinet
- 10.14kW Solar Array consisting of 26 x 390w Solar panels
- 2 x Smartsolar 450/100 charge controller DC coupled
- Victron Cerbo GX System Monitor with touch screen and Online Access
- Solar Panel racking to suit Tin roof (Tile & Tilt upgrades available)
- Cables, fuses, isolators, etc to suit the system
- 20m cable runs to the solar array and 2.5m cable distance to the battery bank as standard
- Safety Sticker Kit
- Connection guides
- Pre-wired and configured system board – this makes a faster and simpler install onsite
- Lifetime Support and System Monitoring
Pylontech US5000b Lithium battery modules
Welcome to the future of a fully modular, expandable, off-grid & energy storage battery bank. Grow your battery bank as your needs demand, and also benefit from the following improvements:
- More usable energy up to 90% can be used without adversely compromising battery life
- More Charge / Recharge cycles 6000 or more cycles, depending on depth of discharge
- Better constant high current Charge / Discharge performance a 15kWh bank can handle a 15kW load, and a surge of 20kW
- Greater charge efficiency up to 97% ! this means far less energy wasted during charging and more power available to you in less time
- More energy stored in less space
- Internal intelligent management means each battery module can operate to its potential, rather than performing only as well as the weakest battery
- Additional batteries can be added, 3.55kWh at a time
- Improved Low temperature performance
Based on the rated performance and upfront cost, the Pylontech Lithium batteries deliver an exceptional cost of ownership. These batteries feature a 10 year warranty and offer some of the best value for money from batteries on the market, when comparing to costs of grid power these batteries work out substantially cheaper.
Victron Remote Management Portal (VRM)
Victron’s remote management portal is second to none, included with the Cerbo GX devices this allows the user to monitor the system remotely from anywhere in the world with an internet connection, check on battery percentage, solar production, house loads, and even start your generator remotely. You can see an example of the monitoring system here (Click on Free Demo – no login required, select Vic Jones for an off grid example):Click HERE
The system can be expanded at any time in the following ways
- Extra batteries can be added at any time in 3.55kWh modules at a time.
- Up to 6x Inverter Chargers for up to 30kVA rated output power set single phase or 3 phase
- Within sensibility, basically an unlimited amount of solar power can be installed, adding more MPPT controllers as required.
Create a Grid-Hybrid system, where your Solar energy is used & stored as first priority**. Power will be supplied primarily from the solar panels & battery bank. If required, the grid can help power loads through the inverter automatically. This design principle uses your solar & stored energy first before using the mains grid power. If your batteries are full, and there is more solar power than your loads need, the extra power can be exported back to the grid for feed-in tariffs.
Solar array depending on location, the annual daily average in Australia is 4 to 5 hours equivalent of full power from the array per day (where a 1kW array would give between 4 5kWh per day if demanded) with more in summer and less in winter. A large solar PV array design principle reduces the amount of time the batteries will be low on charge, which maximises their life expectancy & provides you with far more reliable power.
A 10kW Solar array will produce this amount of power per day on average:
Winter = 25kWh
Autumn/Spring = 40kWh
Summer = 60kWh
- All Victron components have a 5 year warranty
- BYD lithium batteries have a 10 year warranty
- Solar Panels feature a 25 year output warranty to 80 percent rated power
- All other items come with a minimum 12 month warranty.