Off Grid Solar with Spanish Wind Powered turbine
This system brings together the power of both wind and solar. Powered with super reliable Victron energy components, JA Solar panels and in conjunction with a high quality wind turbine solution from Spanish manufacturer Bornay. All paired with the time proven Pylontech lithium battery bank for storage.
We have a lot of customers ask about wind power, the Bornay wind turbines are an extremely well built solution which can deliver excellent results in the right location. It is important that the turbines are used in the right location to get good performance. These units are recommended to be installed at a minimum height of 12m and to be clear of any obstructions in the wind path. See the wind vs power chart to calculate power output for your region. The Bornay units are manufactured in Spain, and feature an advanced MPPT controller, which is able to interface with a wide range of battery types.
Here at SSA we specialize in off grid, what that means is that when you purchase a system from us you can have complete confidence in its reliability and performance. We would only sell what we would install in our own house (a lot of the staff here live off grid) and best of all we are here to help you every step of the way after you’ve purchased your system. We are one of the biggest off grid distributors in Australia, we offer you the right system, at the best price the first time.
We’re proud to offer the very latest and safest in lithium battery technology from Pylontech with the LifePo4 3.5kWh modules. Coupled with the best brands including the time proven Victron Inverter Charger hardware, JA Solar 330W Panels, this package brings the best modern renewable energy technologies together for a fully expandable Off Grid solar power solution.
Peace of mind is an important facet of living self sufficiently or off grid. The Victron hardware is covered by an outstanding 5 year replacement or repair warranty. The Pylontech Lithium battery system features an outstanding 10 year warranty, and is constructed of the safest and best performing lithium battery technology Lithium Ferrous Phosphate (otherwise known as LiFePo4 or LFP)
- Victron Quattro 10kVA Inverter Charger
- 17.75kWh Pylontech 48v Lithium Battery Bank (5x 3.5kWh battery modules = useable storage of 15.97kWh)
- Battery Cabinet to suit
- Victron MPPT SmartSolar charge controller to suit (250/100 MPPT)
- Victron Cerbo GX + Touchscreen
- 6.6kW Solar Array – 20x 330W JA Mono Solar Panels.
- Solar Panel racking to suit Tin roof (Tile roof & Tilt frame options available)
- Cables, fuses, isolators, etc to suit the system including string fuses.
- 20m cable runs to the solar array and 2m cable distance to the battery bank as standard
- Safety Sticker Kit
- Connection guides
- 3kW Bornay Spanish Wind turbine kit with 13m tower kit
- Pre-wired and configured system board – see photos (this makes a much faster and simpler install on-site)
Bornay Wind Turbines
Bornay have employed 8 years for the development of the new range of small wind turbines, Wind+, with the implication of three tecnicians and the collaboration with the UPV (Polytechnic University of Valencia). There have been interesting results at key points of development of small wind turbines: Up to 20% more output, lower startup speed, efficiency alternator up to 96%, compatible with all types of batteries (included Lithium), new compatibilities with direct consumption, remote monitoring…
With the Wind +, small wind turbines open a new stage, with many applications and integrations with other technologies. Some of the main characteristics of the new Wind + range of wind turbines are:
Maximum Efficiency – Power production at low windspeed up to 20% more than competitors. Alternator efficiency up to 96%.
Maximum Security – Three control systems improve the security of Wind + wind turbines: Electronic controller, Wind + Speed Control, Tilting disorientation.
Modularity – Options to integrate the wind turbine into many applications: ModBus communication, AC / DC applications. Direct uses (water pumping, motors …)
Monitoring – Monitor your wind turbine thru Bvisual platform. Monitor your renewable energy system: Wind / solar production, battery status, inverter status, consumptions … thru VRM – Victron Energy Remote Monitoring (coming soon)
Remote Control – Control your wind turbine remotely. Change power curve parameters. Reduce power peak production. Protection mode in case of natural disasters.
JA Solar. For a long time JA Solar have been one of the biggest names in the solar industry, there panels have truly passed the test of time and they continue to offer some of the highest efficiency panels on the market. This listing features the 330W modules, which have a 12 year workmanship warranty, and 25 year output warranty.
Pylontech Lithium LiFePO4 batteries
Welcome to the future of a fully modular, expandable, off-grid & energy storage battery bank. Grow your battery bank as your needs demand, and also benefit from the following improvements:
- More usable energy up to 96% can be used without adversely compromising battery life
- More Charge / Recharge cycles 6000 or more cycles, depending on depth of discharge
- Better constant high current Charge / Discharge performance – a 10kWh bank can handle a 10kW load, and a surge of 20kW
- Greater charge efficiency up to 97% ! this means far less energy wasted during charging and more power available to you in less time
- More energy stored in less space
- Internal intelligent management means each battery module can operate to its potential, rather than performing only as well as the weakest battery
Detailed system information such as solar power, usage history & battery status is displayed on the intuitive Colour Control GX panel. When connected to your home network all this live information can be viewed on your smart phone or a PC, and if you have the internet view your system from anywhere in the world using Victron’s free Remote Management portal (called the VRM portal). See the Colour Control GX brochure on the downloads tab for more information.
Create a Grid-Hybrid system, where your Solar energy is used & stored as first priority**. Power will be supplied primarily from the solar panels & battery bank. If required, the grid can help power loads through the inverter automatically. This design principle uses your solar & stored energy first before using the mains grid power. If your batteries are full, and there is more solar power than your loads need, the extra power can be exported back to the grid for feed-in tariffs.
Solar array performance varies with location, the annual daily average in Australia is between 4 to 5 hours equivalent of full power from the array per day, with more in summer and less in winter. A large solar PV array design principle reduces the amount of time the batteries will be low on charge, which maximises their life expectancy & provides you with far more reliable power.
Average daily input figures for the 6.6kW solar array:
Typical worst month ~ 21kWh per day | Typical best month ~ 43kWh per day
- All Victron components have a 5 year full warranty
- Pylontech lithium batteries have a 10 year warranty
- Solar Panels feature a 12 year workmanship warranty and 25 year output warranty to 80 percent rated power
- All other items come with a minimum 12 month warranty.