Why is the “The Starter” system easy? It’s not by luck. We have included a pre wired board which is:
- Built by high skilled Electricians and Engineers who have spent years in the industry
- Programmed by our Electricians, which means you aren’t reading through pages and pages of difficult to understand literature to get your system working
- Tested to Australian Standards and to ISO 9001 & 45001 Process Standards
The Starter Off Grid System is designed for those that are looking for a system to run their weekender or small home with the ability to expand on in time if you wish. The 3kW Inverter is a great size as it will run all of your every day appliances (not all at once) like your fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle, washing machine, with an additional battery you can even run a small to medium air conditioner and dishwasher from the system meaning you can live comfortably.
The Apollo Maxx All-in-one Inverter Charger features a low frequency toroidal transformer meaning it has the grunt to run heavier loads such as air conditioners and pumps that cheap high frequency inverters can’t run. The beauty of a low frequency inverter creates its 240v power with a transformer with only two moving parts. Compared to a high frequency inverter which has thousands of capacitors creating 240v with high frequency it has hundreds more moving parts meaning a significantly higher chance of failure, and also without a transformer it doesn’t have the ability to handle surge capacity for air conditioners and pumps that have a high start up current.
Peace of mind is an important facet of living self sufficiently or off grid. The 5kW Inverter is covered by an outstanding 5 year replacement or repair warranty.
System Package Includes:
- Apollo Matrix 3kW/9kW Surge Inverter with 60A MPPT Charge Controller (Room to add another 3 panels on in time without adding another MPPT Charge Controller)
- Nova remote monitoring system with online access
- Aeson 48v Lithium Battery - 1x 5kWh Module
- 4 Battery Cabinet
- DC Fuse Disconnect / Battery Breaker & Fuses to suit
- DC Solar PV breakers & Housings
- 5 Metres of Battery Cabling 50mm2 – made up with lugs to suit
- Solar Safety Label Sticker Kit
- Connection guide
- Pre-wired board – these are built in house they take the difficulty and expense out of having your kit installed, your system will arrive wired onto a board and programmed according to the solar and batteries you’ve purchased
- Lifetime Support and System Monitoring
- Option Panel Array with Tin racking & Solar Cables - ( Choose From Menu)
- JA Solar panels feature a 15 year product warranty & 25 year linear power output warranty
- All Apollo Max components have a 5 year full warranty
- TBB Lithium Batteries include a 10 year pro rata warranty
- All other items come with a minimum 12 month warranty
- For details on our battery warranties please see our Battery Warranties page.
For more information see manufactures warranty statements, found on each brands website.
This system can be expanded at any time in the following ways:
- Additional batteries can be added to the system at any time to increase storage capacity
- Up to 6x Inverter Chargers for up to 30kVA rated output power set in single phase or three phase
- Within sensibility, basically an unlimited amount of solar power can be installed, adding more MPPT controllers as required & setting charge limits appropriate for the battery bank
- Generator backup – recommended in general for Off-Grid living. The inverter can both charge the batteries and power the house loads using generator power.
Using as an Off Grid power system. Power will be supplied primarily from the solar panels & battery bank. If there is insufficient power, the inverter can make use of a petrol or diesel powered electric generator to recharge the batteries & run the household loads intuitively. The system can also start & stop the generator automatically providing the generator is compatible with two wire start some ATS systems are also compatible with two wire start.
Please note this listing does not include installation. Installations exceeding 500VA should be done by a qualified electrician, in accordance to electrical safety requirements of your state or territory.