Charging Solar Power Kit for Caravans, Boats & 4WD’s – 195W Solar PV & 20A MPPT Charger
-Does not include Inverter or batteries-
Includes a Remote Energy Meter, Cabling & ABS Solar Panel Mounting kit.
This stand alone vehicle renewable energy package uses 1x 195w A Grade Mono CEC approved bushfire rated solar panel & a 20A Maximum Power Point Tracking Solar Charge Controller.
On average, the daily energy harvest from the Solar Panel will be around 1 kWh on fine days – Plenty to run a portable fridge, LED lights and some other appliances such as low power TV’s.
The 20A Tracer MPPT solar charge controller will prevent over-voltage & over charge from the solar panel.
Maximum power point tracking controllers increase the daily energy harvest from solar panels by 5% to 30% on average.
This is achieved by matching the solar arrays’ Vmp range through the controller during cloudy, partial shade & off-axis situations.
The controller adopts a 4-stage charging algorithm – Bulk, Absorption, Float & Equalise to keep the batteries in the best condition.
The included Remote Meter for the Solar controller gives detailed information about battery capacity, state of charge, solar charge current, etc.
Does not include Inverter or batteries.
- 1x 195w A grade Mono Crystalline CEC approved Solar Panel
- 20A MPPT Solar charge controller – 100Voc max input (Upgrade to 40A for $150)
- Remote Energy Meter MT-5
- 10 Metres of Twin Core Solar Cable – 4mm2
- ABS Solar Panel mounting hardware
- MC4 Cable ends
- Dual Cable Entry block
- Pair of Anderson 50A Connectors
- Tube of Silicone Sealant / Sickaflex
- Quick Connection Guide
Solar Controller Specifications:
- Max Voc: 100v
- System Voltage: 12/24V – Auto detect on battery connection
- Rated Charge Current: 20A
- Rated Load Current: 20A
- Maximum Solar Input: 12V – 260W / 24V – 520W
- RJ45 port for Remote meter MT-5
- 4-stage charging algorithm – Bulk, Absorption, Float & Equalise
- Suitable for AGM Sealed lead acid, Flooded & Gel batteries
- Dual timers built in for controlling load equipment – can be set to operate lights, etc. at given times
The energy meter MT-5 connects to the charge controller to display the following information on the large LCD:
- Solar Voltage
- Battery Voltage / Current
- Load Voltage / Current
- Battery Capacity in Ah
- Battery Temperature
- Battery Capacity in %
- Temperature Voltage Compensation
- Battery Type
- Timer 1 mode / Timer 2 mode
- Discharge Ah & Wh
Solar Panel Dimensions – 195W Mono (Pictured):
- 1580 x 808 x 40 MM
- Voc (Open Circuit Voltage): 44.5V
- Vmp (Voltage at Max Power): 36.5V
- Weight: 15.5Kg
*(This item is direct from the supplier, please allow lay time for shipping due to logistics.
As we grow shipping times will decrease, we thank you for your patience.)
Please note this listing does not include installation. Installations exceeding 500VA should be done by a qualified electrician, in accordance to electrical safety requirements of your state or territory.
Solar panels feature a 25 year pro-rata year warranty, batteries a 5 year pro-rata year warranty, inverter/ charge controller a 2 year full warranty, and all other items come with a minimum 12 month warranty.