Complete Off Grid Solar Power System Kit – 3360W Solar PV & 15.5 kWh Ritar Tubular GEL Battery Bank
This stand alone renewable energy package uses 12x 280w A Grade Mono CEC approved bushfire rated solar panels & 24x Ritar 2v 250Ah GEL OPzV batteries (324Ah at 100h).
OFF GRID SOLAR SYSTEMS … SHIPPING AUSTRALIA WIDE
On average, there will be 15kW-hours of power available from the solar array per day – based on 5hrs of effective sunshine per day. More sunshine = more power. This large solar PV design principle reduces the amount of time the batteries will be low on charge, which maximises their life expectancy & provides far more reliable power.
When there is no sunshine or badly overcast weather, the battery reserve capacity will give the following power from full charge down to 50% remaining capacity:
- 7.75kW-hours for one day, or
- 3.8kW-hours per day for two days, or
- 2.5kW-hours per day for three days, or
- 1.9kW-hours per day for four days
The solar array can then recharge the battery bank from 50% flat in around 4.5 hours of effective sunshine, depending on any loads running on the system at the same time. A generator can be used to recharge the battery bank and run loads through the inverter at the same time too.
These sealed Tubular GEL batteries have an exceptional cycle life of around 3000 cycles to 50% discharged. The batteries could last for around 20 years if discharged to 50% every three days at worst, kept insulated from temperature extremes & not left in a discharged state for long periods of time.
- 12x 280w A grade Poly Crystalline CEC approved Solar Panels – AIDE
- 5KVA/ 4kW Solar Inverter Charger with 80A AC Charger & 60A MPPT Solar Controller
- 24x 2v Tubular GEL Deep Cycle Batteries 240AH each, Carbon Lead (upgrade to 360AH batteries x 24 add $1950)
- DC Fuse Disconnect / Battery Breaker & Fuses to suit
- DC Solar PV breakers & Housings
- 5 Metres of Battery Cabling 25mm2 – 4xd 1.25m Lengths made up with lugs to suit the kit
- 40 Metres of Solar Cable – 2x 20m fitted with MC4 connectors for easy installation
- Spare Solar Cable & Connectors – should you need to extend any cabling between the PV strings
- Solar Panel racking to suit Tin roof (Tile roof & Tilt frame options are available)
- Solar Safety Label Sticker Kit
Create a Grid-Hybrid system, where your Solar energy is used & stored as first priority. Power will be supplied primarily from the solar panels & battery bank. If there is insufficient power, the inverter switches over to the Grid AC power supply automatically. This design principle uses your solar & stored energy first before reverting back to the grid power. This can be more feasible than the low grid feed-in tariff typically on offer. The inverter will switch over to mains AC power on a battery capacity or voltage level which can be set on the LCD screen. A generator can be used in place of grid power for charging the batteries and running loads in the event of a few cloudy days or some heavy power usage.
Create a Backup Power System or UPS – With the inverter set to AC priority mode, power will be normally supplied from the mains AC power. If there is a black-out or mains fault, the inverter will switch over to solar & battery to supply power. The solar panels and mains power will keep the batteries full of charge so they are at full capacity whenever a power failure happens.
Please note this system will not feed energy back into the grid! Instead, all your solar energy harvest is used by your household with solar priority mode. The inverter can also charge the battery bank from AC power if there has not been enough sunny days. In AC priority mode, the inverter will supply pure sine wave power from the AC input, & switch over to solar / battery power in the event of an AC input power failure.
Besides the front LCD, this inverter charger can be connected to a computer (software & cable included) to get detailed information about your energy harvest, battery sate & power usage. Settings can also be adjusted via either the LCD or the Software from a PC.