Start Your Off Grid Journey Today!
We’ve put together this system for those who have a budget but still want to get a good quality reliable system. This system is ideal for those that want to power a small home or shed giving you the basic essentials such as LED lights, TV, charging phones/laptops, kettle, microwave and even a small air conditioner with moderate usage. Powered with Victron Energy components this means you will get excellent reliability which is a must when you’re going off the grid. The most budget aspect of this system is the batteries, if you look after the batteries you’ll get approximately 9 years and you can always upgraded your battery bank a few years down the track when budget allows.
This stand alone renewable energy package uses the tried & proven Victron 3KVA MultiPlus Inverter Charger system, coupled with 6x 270w A Grade CEC approved bushfire rated solar panels & 4x 230Ah Sealed GEL/AGM Deep cycle maintenance free Batteries 48v (11kWh total / 5.5kWh usable)
On average, there will be 5kW-hours of power available from the solar array per day – based on 5hrs of effective sunshine per day. More sunshine = more power. This solar PV design principle reduces the amount of time the batteries will be low on charge, which maximises their life expectancy & provides far more reliable power.
When there is no sunshine or badly overcast weather, the battery reserve capacity will give the following power from full charge down to 50%:
- 4.8kW-hours for one day, or
- 2.4kW-hours per day for two days, or
- 1.6kW-hours per day for three days, or
- 1.2kW-hours per day for four days
The solar array can then recharge the battery bank from 50% in around 6 hours of effective sunshine, depending on any loads running on the system at the same time. A generator can be used to recharge the battery bank and run loads through the inverter at the same time too.
Estimate your system requirements using our off-grid calculator.
Detailed battery information is displayed on the BMV-702 battery monitor, and solar panel info is displayed on the MPPT control.
The sealed GEL deep cycle maintenance-free batteries have an exceptional cycle life of around 1200 cycles to 50% discharge, which means the batteries could last around 9 years if they’re not discharged to more than 50% every three days at worst & kept insulated from temperature extremes.
- 6x 270w A grade Mono/ Poly Crystalline CEC approved Solar Panels (1.62kW)
- Victron MultiPlus 3KVA / 2.4kW Pure Sine Wave Inverter 48v with 70A AC Charger
- Victron 150/35 MPPT Solar charge controller
- Victron Colour Control GX system monitor with online access,
- 4x 230Ah Sealed GEL/AGM Deep cycle maintenance free Batteries 48v (11kWh total / 5.5kWh usable)
- DC Disconnect / Battery Breaker & Fuses to suit
- DC Solar PV breaker
- 5 Metres of Battery Cabling 25mm2 – 4x 1.25m lengths with lugs fitted
- 20 Metres of Solar Cable fitted with solar connectors one end
- Battery series link cables
- Solar Panel racking to suit Tin roof (Tile & Tilt upgrades available)
- Safety Sticker Kit
- Pre-wired and configured system board – this makes a faster and simpler install onsite – $999
Create an Off Grid power system. Power will be supplied primarily from the solar panels & battery bank. If there is insufficient power, the inverter can make use of a petrol or diesel powered generator to recharge the batteries & run the household loads. The system can start the generator automatically providing the generator is compatible with two wire starting – some ATS systems are also compatible with two wire start.